Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)

Go down 
+6
core
Madox
LeoFender
xender
Minneyar
snake
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xender

xender

Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:52 am

yeah and thats about it what Linux can offer.Regarding softwares, games, etc. which are more used these days by us, Windows eats Linux.I really dont care about how it looks, after all Im just using a silver theme for my xp kek.Vista=LoL
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:17 am

lack of supported software is not a indicator of OS quality. Even though it doesn't support a lot of software windows does it has a lot of good alternatives and it's all free and open source. Being a programmer your self, you should know that Linux is far simpler and faster platform for application development. I'm currently using Visual Studio 2008, which is the newest "most advanced" application development program for windows platform atm, and I must say IT SUX!!!! It takes this peace of trash over 30 seconds to color a simple piece of javascript code when i turn it on. Not to mention all the bugs it so generously provides... A friend of mine had a very interesting one... Every time he scrolled with his mouse, the whole f... program shut down! The most obvious problem with windows is that it eats too much system resources. Every time Microsoft decides to produce a new shitty OS they have to include support for every single one of the old ones. Therefore they include all the code from previous versions. That's how u get Windows Vista which needs more then 8 gigs of hard drive space and eats about 40% of my RAM while not running any system unrelated processes (I have 3 gigs of RAM)
Regarding Vista and gaming. I'm pretty sure JKA runs better on Ubuntu via Wine if set up correctly
I rest my case Razz
Back to top Go down
http://elmodied.ytmnd.com/
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:53 pm

LeoFender wrote:
lack of supported software is not a indicator of OS quality. Even though it doesn't support a lot of software windows does it has a lot of good alternatives and it's all free and open source. Being a programmer your self, you should know that Linux is far simpler and faster platform for application development. I'm currently using Visual Studio 2008, which is the newest "most advanced" application development program for windows platform atm, and I must say IT SUX!!!! It takes this peace of trash over 30 seconds to color a simple piece of javascript code when i turn it on. Not to mention all the bugs it so generously provides... A friend of mine had a very interesting one... Every time he scrolled with his mouse, the whole f... program shut down! The most obvious problem with windows is that it eats too much system resources. Every time Microsoft decides to produce a new shitty OS they have to include support for every single one of the old ones. Therefore they include all the code from previous versions. That's how u get Windows Vista which needs more then 8 gigs of hard drive space and eats about 40% of my RAM while not running any system unrelated processes (I have 3 gigs of RAM)
Regarding Vista and gaming. I'm pretty sure JKA runs better on Ubuntu via Wine if set up correctly
I rest my case Razz

after reading this i want to have linux!
Back to top Go down
Minneyar
Good Master
Minneyar

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:10 pm

xD
Back to top Go down
core

core

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:47 am

wtf school starts =(
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/lalalaram
Minneyar
Good Master
Minneyar

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 am

make a new topic for hating school.

We had an entire sub forum devoted to that at our old JS forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:40 am

hahaha school...
Back to top Go down
snake

snake

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:57 am

Did you guys seriously read that big spam cube from Leofender? silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.honor-gaming.net
Minneyar
Good Master
Minneyar

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:14 am

no xD
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:12 pm

i did
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:11 am

leo>xender gg wp
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:40 am

lol xenderhater.Beeign angry over a guy on the internet.GOod one!
Back to top Go down
Minneyar
Good Master
Minneyar

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:41 am

E-rage
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:46 am

going back to leo's post, I really dont think winxp is a resource eater more than linux tbh.My college pc has visual studio 08 and works fine on win.After all visual studio was made by microsoft lol.How programming is affected has nothign to do with the os.i.e my c++ lags like hell on my windows when on a win 98 works like a charm.

Thats why programmers(games,softwares,etc.) dont bother making compatibility with Linux all the time.Vista, ok that was a terrible mistake.Its just for the looks imo.

I do admit that linux is getting betetr because ms stoped upgrading xp with better sp's and are more concentrated on that ass vista.But in the end xp will always be the "easy" choice for the general pc users.
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:17 am

xender wrote:
going back to leo's post, I really dont think winxp is a resource eater more than linux tbh.
Depends on the distribution, but generally, it is Razz
xender wrote:
My college pc has visual studio 08 and works fine on win.After all visual studio was made by microsoft lol.
You think i ran visual studio on Linux?
And I didn't say everyone has problems with it. I'm just saying there are some pretty serious bugs in it...
xender wrote:
How programming is affected has nothign to do with the os.i.e my c++ lags like hell on my windows when on a win 98 works like a charm.
Your point being..?
xender wrote:

Thats why programmers(games,softwares,etc.) dont bother making compatibility with Linux because its pointless.
You didn't say why it's pointless
xender wrote:
And beeing a programmer thats should've the 1st thing you had to learn.That was the 1st thing our programmign teach told us.
Was he wearing a Microsoft t-shirt at the time? Smile
Nobody thought us that at my college Razz
xender wrote:
Windows bettah than Linux.
Vista, ok that was a terrible mistake.Its just for the looks imo.
Which sux btw compared to osX which they copied or compiz fusion which is far more impressive
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:12 am

How programming is affected has nothign to do with the os.i.e my c++ lags like hell on my windows when on a win 98 works like a charm.

Your point being..?

Its the way you posted that post about visual studio.Saying stuff like: " Every time Microsoft decides to produce a new shitty OS they have to include support for every single one of the old ones. " Sounded like you emant xp sucks.Really? Well take a good look at linux when it first came sir.
OR
"Being a programmer your self, you should know that Linux is far simpler and faster platform for application development. " faster? probably, simpler ? not rly but I guess that depends on each user.
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:26 am

xender wrote:
Sounded like you emant xp sucks.
you got it! What a Face
xender wrote:
Really? Well take a good look at linux when it first came sir.
What does that have to do with anything?
xender wrote:

OR
"Being a programmer your self, you should know that Linux is far simpler and faster platform for application development. " faster? probably, simpler ? not rly but I guess that depends on each user.
You're right there. Depends on the user. Also depends on what you're programing.
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:36 am

you said ms had to include support for older os after making new ones.Whats wrong with that? Isnt that what any programmer does to his softwares?
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 pm

fucking geeks
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:42 pm

xender wrote:
you said ms had to include support for older os after making new ones.Whats wrong with that? Isnt that what any programmer does to his softwares?
yes, but unfortunately their basis sux and they can't do anything about it.
And every now and then, it's cool to start from scratch.
Look at Apple.
There have been several version of mac OS. each new version brought new things. With the last one, osX, they moved to unix. That's a major change! Now look at microsoft. Almost all they did was change skins and try to copy apple. Even now, each new version of osX brings something new. The last one (leopard) is all 64bit. Ok, there are windows 64 bit versions as well, but they suck. Microsoft was literally giving away windows xp 64bit for free because NOBODY was buying it due to poor driver and software support. Leopard has full 32bit support. Now, that's a good example of backward compatibility. You can run both 32 and 64 bit applications, and is very very fast. And GUI is damn fast as well. Now I'm comparing windows to mac os because it's not fair to compare windows to linux (linux is free and has a lot of very different distributions). Even though it's unfair, Linux still eats windows for breakfast Razz
Back to top Go down
Ferocity

Ferocity

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:16 pm

totally out of subject, but hi snake xD
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:20 pm

well we can argue about this forever.Im sticking to my opinion about windows xp beeing the best choice.
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:43 pm

xender wrote:
well we can argue about this forever.Im sticking to my opinion about windows xp beeing the best choice.
I wasn't trying to convert you to open source xD
I was simply defending it Smile
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 am

I know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)   Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Minneyar ! And others (especially Ferocity if he comes here)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next