Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serverconfig

Go down 
+12
Piolho
Madox
saito
LeoFender
taiSho
Minneyar
snake
xender
MiRai
Cizma
Eazy
fab1'
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
snake

snake

Serverconfig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:56 am

Lol icarus theory sux

But yeah it's obvious different settings only have a minimal effect on gameplay huh
Only network settings may have a slight effect, nothing that gives a real advantage (basically if X pwnz Z, X pwnz Z who's playing with warhammer config)

And ofc FPS, the effect it has on aerial movements is well known on q3

Lol we should open a whole forum section to debate of player and server configs rofl (y)
Back to top Go down
http://www.honor-gaming.net
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 5:31 am

xender wrote:
lol you're all so naive. I recommend learning the q3 engine. This is like icarus's theory about jump 1 makes your swings attack faster than when you have jump3. Srsly if you dont know shit stop arguing me.Ask dev,ping,suffix anyone who knows about these stuff. Trying different net configurations may affect gameplay but it does not change dramatically the fate of a match.
Besides take a look at cube,secht,etc.; everyone knows their configuration and yet they still are good at what they do.Just because you suck doesnt mean the other guy uses "cfg" lol.

i dont know why you are so stuborn...like i said before,i actualy tryed alot of cfgs before,and they do help you block more...dont be like minneyar lol...
Im not saying that if Snake took some fancy cfg now that he would be better at JKA,but he would block more which would mean that he has a bigger chance to win now...
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Dude dont give me that bull that I tried different cfgs and made me block more.I dare you to prove it.
I even dare you to show the cmd that gave you more blocks rofl.If you cannot provide a better counterstatement stop bothering
Go ahead and duel me with 100 different cfg's or minneyar or secht or anyone who doesnt get terrified by the word cfg.I could give you a recent example of axiom vs lionheart praccy(me,eazy and minne "blunged" them and didnt even try.)Heres how most of you that are in 1on1 play in an ESL. if your opponent gets you killed 2-3 times to null most fo you are practically "dead" meaning you stop trying or you think that hes got super cfg WHICH IS WRONG).Oh and never underestimate a player.Just because hes rank 100 or smthign doesnt mean he sucks.And a fine example is hof.

Good luck living in a dream.
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm

i see that there is no point in arguing with you,obviously the whole JKA comunity is wrong and you are the only 1 who is right Smile
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:41 am

actually most of the jka community agrees with me.Smile as you can see in the esl forums ( there was a topic ). Everyone agreed with suffix and ping and dev that cfgs are merely an excuse.
Sorry to inform you but you are no different from durex.(he made a topic to ban tn which he used but found out the terrible truth that it doesnt change a shit lolz)
Back to top Go down
MiRai
LH-Member
MiRai

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:05 am

omg i can't resist more, that's totally crap. tn doesnt change a shit?? omfs save my mind. so wth that cmds exist??? tn calculating connecting time to server, it's some complicate but certainly change somethings. like maxpackets how many informatin you send to server or like maxfps, rate etc. really i can't believe that you guys can say that, doesn't change anything. roflmao.. and really i wonder your cfg i'm sure you don't use that cmds, coz they don't change anything.. puhahahhaa. madox i think close that topic.. really... roflmaowthomfgwtfmrmrmrmrmrmrmr
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 am

Firstly you should chill out.Second of all I recommend finding what timenudge actually does

timenudge does not make ppl skippy - it makes ppl appear skippy to the person that uses it.

Things that make ppl skippy:

1) low maxpackets
2) upload lag
3) other forms of isp lag
4) downloading at high speeds while playing quake (i think it's the rapid hd writing that causes this rather than the downstream hog)

There was a phase in quake3 where the competitive players discovered that lowering you cl_maxpackets to a value below 30, seemed to reduce your ping. This phase of ignorance was the same time ppl discovered negative timenudge. Naturally, ppl attributed the wrong cause to the effect, and the false rumor that negative timenudge causes chopiness was propogated, when in reality it was the low maxpackets.

Thus timenudge,maxpackets have no whatsoever effect on your block, or whatever you may invent.Please do some reasearch as I see you and madox havent got the slighest clue regarding the q3 engine which jka is based on.
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:26 am

and heres another similar explanation:

well, the basic idea is that your client takes the packets from the server and displays whatever is on your screen after a couple of the packets have come in
Masta says:
with tn you basically tell your client to either predict the next packet, or to not wait for the next one to come in before releasing the first one
Masta says:
that is, you don't really know the position of the other players as that well if you set tn to something negative
Masta says:
whereas if you set it to something positive, the game will act as if you'd have a high ping
Masta says:
because it'll wait for more packets to come in from the server before it'll show stuff on your screen

and Like I said before, if you really think there are cmds that give you more blocks,dmg or w/e please do prove it.If not just shut up before you embarass yourselves even more with the lack of knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:35 am

jesus xender,the q3 engine has more ways to be abused then Persie's mother...
Did you see what that guy Toast does ?
Or even better,just look how many bugs JKA has,like poke...
how can u acctualy say that changing some commands wont make u block more?
I dont have prove ofc,cause i dont have thoose cfgs to check for commands,and i dont have a clue about the commands because i dont give a shit about thoose things...
but the simple truth is that JKA is a game that can be abused in 2 many ways,and that abusing some commands will get you to block more,appear laggy and other shit.For an example,i played with max_packkets 30 for along time , ppl always called me a ghoster, when some1 told me that could be cause of my low max_packets i put 100 and now nobody complains anymore.
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:40 am

Listen. You are corect that jka has bugs BUT all are caused by each palyers different net settings.THis is in every single game.YOu only think he ghosts or blocks more but its not, NOR he's abusing or using any specific cmd that increases his block skills. Oh there are ways of blocking more by some quite simple attacks and movements like I do with staff.Nothing more.

But the real question is, which is more of an other explanation, how come other players can handle those so called "blockers" ? How can Minneyar handle them? How can I ? Its more skills than some small net/ping advantage which btw jka doesnt even show you the real ping.
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:46 am

i know you can parry attacks by simply moving your saber when they hit you...etc ppl abuse that aswell so they just shake their sabers when in danger cause they cant get their timing straight.
I dont feel like argueing here anymore cause it wont have an end, i still think that abusing commands will get you more blocky and other shits...
in the end , if Toast can exces a server without even having rcon or anything,and if he can do some of his " techno magic" ...what makes you think that other ppl cant do similar shit and abuse it to get more block and things?
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:55 am

what Toast did is quite simple.Some srvs have the dling and uploading thingamagic enabled.he simply uploaded to the server host his mod.Once he did that anyone with his mod can use the magic stuff. makermod its aclled I think. Its quite fun.Ask toaster about it or dureal.
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 am

xender wrote:
Firstly you should chill out.Second of all I recommend finding what timenudge actually does

timenudge does not make ppl skippy - it makes ppl appear skippy to the person that uses it.

1) low maxpackets
2) upload lag
4) downloading at high speeds while playing quake (i think it's the rapid hd writing that causes this rather than the downstream hog)

There was a phase in quake3 where the competitive players discovered that lowering you cl_maxpackets to a value below 30, seemed to reduce your ping. This phase of ignorance was the same time ppl discovered negative timenudge. Naturally, ppl attributed the wrong cause to the effect, and the false rumor that negative timenudge causes chopiness was propogated, when in reality it was the low maxpackets.

Thus timenudge,maxpackets have no whatsoever effect on your block, or whatever you may invent.Please do some reasearch as I see you and madox havent got the slighest clue regarding the q3 engine which jka is based on.

dear god xender!
timenudge is a complicated engine thingy. It can predict or delay moves you're about to do or you already did. It makes you lagg because that's a hard thing to calculate. That probably messes up the intervals in which packets are sent and can probably mess up the gameplay on both sides (the player using tn and the opponent). It can give you an advantage because you can basically simulate negative ping or no ping at all.
The original idea of timenudge was to simulate ping on bots and your self in quake3 when you're not playing online and should not be used otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://elmodied.ytmnd.com/
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 am

xender wrote:
what Toast did is quite simple.Some srvs have the dling and uploading thingamagic enabled.he simply uploaded to the server host his mod.Once he did that anyone with his mod can use the magic stuff. makermod its aclled I think. Its quite fun.Ask toaster about it or dureal.

makermod is a mod that he created but im pretty sure he doesnt use that.

I have a little example of how cfgs help u block...
like a year ago,my little buddy Beckers started playing JKA,like every1 alse in the first week he was total rubish at JKA.So i decided to give him a fancy block cfg ( wonders i think ) ...so i gave him and he started to use...sudenly i realised that he parrys much more then before... I meann , xender , the explaination for this simply must be that in another week he got his movement and timing so good and figured out how to block right?...

So to stop this arguement i sugest we do a test...brainiac style!
We get some total noob who just started JKA.Make him stand on 1 place,and try to deflect some of our attacks,then give him some CFG that is known as a block cfg and see if he will block the same attacks more or less Smile
k?
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 am

LeoFender wrote:
xender wrote:

1) low maxpackets
2) upload lag

dear god xender!
timenudge is a complicated engine thingy. It can predict or delay moves you're about to do or you already did. It makes you lagg because that's a hard thing to calculate. That probably messes up the intervals in which packets are sent and can probably mess up the gameplay on both sides (the player using tn and the opponent). It can give you an advantage because you can basically simulate negative ping or no ping at all.
The original idea of timenudge was to simulate ping on bots and your self in quake3 when you're not playing online and should not be used otherwise.

thats what I said.My point was that it does not offer an advantage regarding blocks/dmg nor can it literally change the fate of a match.
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:29 am

Madox wrote:
xender wrote:

makermod is a mod that he created but im pretty sure he doesnt use that.

I have a little example of how cfgs help u block...
like a year ago,my little buddy Beckers started playing JKA,like every1 alse in the first week he was total rubish at JKA.So i decided to give him a fancy block cfg ( wonders i think ) ...so i gave him and he started to use...sudenly i realised that he parrys much more then before... I meann , xender , the explaination for this simply must be that in another week he got his movement and timing so good and figured out how to block right?...

So to stop this arguement i sugest we do a test...brainiac style!
We get some total noob who just started JKA.Make him stand on 1 place,and try to deflect some of our attacks,then give him some CFG that is known as a block cfg and see if he will block the same attacks more or less Smile
k?

ever heard of placebo? its somewhat similar here.you give a noob a pro's cfg and he will think it makes him more good but in fact its not changing a thing.
Yes I do agree about testing it.But remember nothing you will do will make him block a lot more.Perhaps you will notice a slight difference but thats all and thats caused by the net between both of the player.

And yes it is about makermod whats Toast doing.I know him.Try it yourself.
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:44 am

xender wrote:
LeoFender wrote:
xender wrote:

1) low maxpackets
2) upload lag

dear god xender!

thats what I said.My point was that it does not offer an advantage regarding blocks/dmg nor can it literally change the fate of a match.
anything can change the fate of a match! a bad cfg, bad keyboard, ping, bad mouse, mousepad, monitor, light, a virus scan, anything!
the point is things like tn and other cfg exploits should not be used because they give unfair advantage to the play that uses them and it makes it harder to play for the opponent (because tn can make the cheaters moves not so fluent)
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 am

xender wrote:

ever heard of placebo? its somewhat similar here.you give a noob a pro's cfg and he will think it makes him more good but in fact its not changing a thing.
Yes I do agree about testing it.But remember nothing you will do will make him block a lot more.Perhaps you will notice a slight difference but thats all and thats caused by the net between both of the player.

if i suck at a game and someone gives me a cfg and says it will make me better but it doesn't really it's very unlikely it would affect my play. Placebo effect is very limited and rare
Back to top Go down
Beckers

Beckers

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:05 pm

me > you

Very Happy

cfg<me!!! heeeheheheehehe
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 pm

LeoFender wrote:
xender wrote:

if i suck at a game and someone gives me a cfg and says it will make me better but it doesn't really it's very unlikely it would affect my play. Placebo effect is very limited and rare
perhaps not for you.

and timenudge affects both the one having and his opponent.Its not a match decisive command.Thats the whole point of this argue.if it were why isnt durex in no1 place or how come he sucks so much? Really enough with the nonsense
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Because durex is an unskilled serbian!I bet if you tryed a fancy cfg it would make you block more,but yea you are right you couldnt tell that cause u think it wont do any difference.
like u said its the placebo effect bla bla, i told you that i gave him a cfg,he didnt see that he was blocking more.I did...he started making blocks that shouldnt hapen...
btw tbh lets just stop and test it!

Lets get some total noob
make him stand in 1 place
do 10 D slashes on him

then change the cfg and do it again

ofc we wont tell any1 if he is using the normal or pimped cfg and we will see Smile
Back to top Go down
Madox
l33t ` Manager
Madox

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:35 pm

xender wrote:

and timenudge affects both the one having and his opponent.Its not a match decisive command.Thats the whole point of this argue.if it were why isnt durex in no1 place or how come he sucks so much? Really enough with the nonsense
when you use negative timenudge you are the only one directly affected by it. your computer will predict movement of your enemies and will display them before they actually happen. advantages to the user are obvious. opponent on the other hand will see your movements as they actually happen. this is what happens in ideal cases.
Back to top Go down
xender

xender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:02 pm

Fuck man I know what tn does.I explained it a few posts ago.You're just telling me somethign i already said.Try it.Using negative tn will make you see the others laggy and the ones using negative tn more laggy.No tn user will ever be better than an normal one.Test it.

HOWEVERRRRR

There are ways of making you use certain cheat protected cmds( I cannot tell you else everyone will try aand perhaps use it) but not with simple net cmds which is ridiculous.Theres always moded sabers.But never a net cmd will make you stronger.(having better ping,etc. look at the yanks that used to dominate tdm and 1on1 with a huge net disadvantage).
Back to top Go down
LeoFender
LH-Member
LeoFender

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:28 pm

xender wrote:
Using negative tn will make you see the others laggy and the ones using negative tn more laggy.No tn user will ever be better than an normal one.Test it.
i don't get what you mean but i'm getting tired of this argument. over and out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serverconfig   Serverconfig - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serverconfig
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussions-
Jump to: